Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

News Feed Forums G8way Max Forum Here's a quick test for you to show you how fast you can change your focus.

• Here's a quick test for you to show you how fast you can change your focus.

Posted by Max Mover on April 8, 2023 at 9:31 pm

Coach Jacob gave this speech to a college baseball team one time before their practice. You can follow along in your room or wherever you are just by reading this.

I got a test for you, so when I say go…

I want you to look around the field (this applies to wherever you are now) and find as many things as you can that are brown. Ready. Set. GO.!!

(look for brown look for brown look for brown)
    This is a follow-along exercise so actually, look for brown items or objects. Anything. Right now.
    You better be looking for brown; as many things in your room that you can find that are brown. Wherever you are.
    GO GO GO!

Now, please close your eyes immediately after reading the below question, okay? Once I ask this question, you will read it and immediately close your eyes, and give me an answer in your head. Do you promise? One more time, we will repeat! Close your eyes after you read the below question and answer in your head as many possible answers to the question we ask.

~~~
    ~~~

The question below is:
    Could you please tell me everything around you that was red? Close your eyes.!

Eventually, you will have to open your eyes to keep reading lol.

When we asked you to tell us everything you saw that was red, could you list any? One? Maybe a few?

Now look around the field (or wherever you are) and find as many things as you can that are red.

(look for red, look for red, look for red)

~~

~~

Okay, stop. Raise your hand if you found more red this time. You don’t have to raise your hand, but think about it.

Why did you find more red this time? Because seek and you shall… FIND.

Whatever you focus on, you’re gonna find it. Eventually. Especially if you look for things in earnest. What you look for and ask, you will get answers if you keep looking.

So if you want to change your game, my friends, and this is even outside baseball… you gotta change your FOCUS.

And you know what’s crazy… how fast can you change that stuff? Like that *snap fingers*

Because when you are about to field a ground ball, say to yourself, “I am gonna have the best footwork of all time right here!” FOCUSSSS… cuz if not, you are hoping to hit a home run but never actually swinging the bat. Focus on one thing today and become absolutely great at it. Because if you don’t focus precisely on what you want, you could be looking in the wrong place the whole time with no clue you’re in the wrong place. Let’s go have a great practice!

If you’ve followed Tony Robbins at all and the mindset coaching he shares, you may have stumbled across this technique. We are grateful for Tony and the message he shares!

Max Mover replied 1 year, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.