Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

News Feed Forums G8way Max Forum I have a bunion. My toes have no space. What do I need to know about this?

• I have a bunion. My toes have no space. What do I need to know about this?

Posted by Max Mover on March 21, 2023 at 10:50 pm

What does having compressed toes, a bunion, or a non-wide toe splay do to the rest of the body?

Compressed toes, bunions, and non-wide toe splay can affect the rest of the body, depending on their severity and how they affect an individual’s gait (walking pattern). Here are some potential impacts:

1. Balance and stability: Compressed toes or bunions can cause the foot to become unstable, leading to balance and stability issues. This can increase the risk of falls and injuries. But, it will ultimately mean that the one with limited toe splay will have a higher chance of collapsing the foot, ultimately increasing his non-contact injuries. Because the Inside Ankle Bone collapses, or the midfoot, where the arch collapses, the body becomes more at risk.

2. Gait and posture: When the toes are compressed or the toe splay is limited, it can affect how a person walks and stands. This can cause changes in posture and gait patterns, leading to compensation in other body areas. Over time, this compensation can lead to strain and pain in other body parts, such as the hips, knees, and lower back.

3. Foot pain: Compressed toes, bunions, and non-wide toe splay can cause pain in the foot itself, including the toes, ball of the foot, and arch. It will also increase our injury risk in the foot area, as mentioned in bullet point #1.

4. Joint and muscle pain: When the gait and posture are affected by compressed toes or a bunion, it can cause strain on the joints and muscles of the lower extremities. This can lead to pain and discomfort in these areas for long durations. Our goal at G8way Max is to save the world’s connective tissue.

5. Nerve compression: In some cases, compressed toes or a bunion can compress nearby nerves, leading to tingling, numbness, or pain in the foot or other areas of the body.

Overall, it is essential to address any foot issues promptly to prevent them from affecting other areas of the body. This can include wearing better footwear, performing foot exercises, and getting diagnosed by a G8way coach to increase awareness.

Max Mover replied 1 year, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.