Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

News Feed Forums G8way Max Forum What can I gain from training my non-dominant hand or side of my body?

• What can I gain from training my non-dominant hand or side of my body?

Posted by Max Mover on March 29, 2023 at 11:34 pm

It’s essential to incorporate activities that involve the opposite hand or side of the body for several reasons. First, it helps to improve overall balance and coordination. You can strengthen weaker areas and improve overall stability and mobility by engaging both sides of the body.

Secondly, incorporating activities that involve the opposite hand or side can help to prevent injury, particularly in sports or athletics that require a lot of repetitive movements. For example, in baseball, pitchers who only throw with one arm are at higher risk of developing shoulder or elbow injuries because of the constant stress placed on the same side of the body. By incorporating exercises that engage the opposite arm or side, athletes can help to balance out the emphasis placed on their body and reduce the risk of injury.

Thirdly, mixing in the other side of all your training or daily activities can help to prevent muscle imbalances. Many people tend to favor one side of their body over the other, leading to muscle imbalances and asymmetry in their physique. By incorporating exercises or activities that engage both sides of the body, you can help balance these muscle imbalances and promote overall health and wellness. Get a Max Movement Assessment to see if you have any structural imbalances.

Lastly, engaging the opposite hand or side of the body can benefit brain function and cognitive performance. Think about this next time your brushing your teeth & try to mix in the opposite hand. It might feel weird at first! Studies have shown that engaging in activities that involve both sides of the body can help to improve overall brain function and cognitive performance, leading to better memory, concentration, and overall mental clarity.
    Mixing in the opposite side of your training or daily activities can promote neuroplasticity, the brain’s ability to adapt and reorganize itself. You can improve cognitive function, memory, and creativity by challenging your brain to perform tasks with the non-dominant hand or side of the body.

In conclusion, incorporating activities that involve the opposite hand or side of the body is essential for overall health and wellness. Doing so can improve balance, prevent injury, prevent muscle imbalances, and improve brain function, leading to a healthier, more fulfilling life.

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Max Mover.
    Max Mover replied 1 year, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.